Monash Graduate Research Equity Supplement
This top-up scholarship is intended to assist with extra expenses a Graduate Research student with a disability or long-term medical condition incurs during the pursuit of their degree.
close 31 March each year
Total scholarship value
Up to $6,000
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- be currently enrolled in a research masters or doctoral program as an internal/on-campus student at one of Monash University’s Australian campuses;
- be registered with the Disability Liaison Unit or have appropriate medical documentation;
- hold a MGS, RTP Stipend, MDS or similar award that supports your living costs, as this is a supplementary top up scholarship only; and
- have a disability or long-term medical condition that has resulted in extra expenses during your Graduate Research studies.
Extra expenses would include for example:
- travel by taxi or modified vehicle
- attendant care on campus
- purchase of specialised adaptive technology
- library assistance (i.e. searching, scanning, photocopying and carrying materials)
- research material in a format other than ordinary print (i.e. large print, audio-type)
- communication in other than oral mode (i.e. written, interpreter, computer with voice synthesizer)
Part-time students are also eligible to apply if they are not working full-time.
Up to $6,000.
The award may be paid as a fortnightly stipend (for the academic year only) or in a lump sum if the award is made for the purchase of equipment.
Selection of the successful applicant will be based on the needs and academic performance of applicants. Selection will be undertaken by the Graduate Research Committee (GRC) Steering Committee.
How to apply
Many scholarships can have different application processes. Please ensure you read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.
For more information on this scheme, please contact our Graduate Research Scholarships team on
E: email@example.com or T: +61 3 99053416
CLICK HERE TO APPLY