Monash Resident Scholarships
If you are experiencing educational disadvantage, but thought living on campus was too expensive, you may be eligible for assistance with accommodation costs. This scholarship supports students who are Indigenous Australians, experiencing low income, from a regional or remote area or seeking asylum in Australia to live at Monash Residential Services. You can live on campus and enjoy the care, support and enrichment needed so that you can focus on your studies.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing student undertaking an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia
- Must have a low income or be an Indigenous Australian, or living in a remote area, or a student seeking asylum in Australia.
- Reside at Monash Residential Services.You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- Students seeking asylum in Australia must be on:
- a Bridging Visa E, or
- a Bridging Visa A and has applied for a Permanent Protection visa, or
- a Temporary Protection Visa, or
- a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
Up to $14,000 towards MRS fees for one year only.
10 per year
- Awarded based on need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 in Semester 1.
How to apply
- For Year 12 students, submit a scholarship application through VTAC.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.