MRS Indigenous Leadership Pathway Scholarship
Monash Resident Scholarship
A scholarship for Indigenous Australian and Torres Strait Islander students who show leadership potential who are intending to or currently live on campus at Monash Residential Services.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Up to $14000
1 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled or intend to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- Of Indigenous Australian background
- Commencing or current resident at Monash Residential Services (MRS)
- You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- Up to $14,000 towards MRS fees for one year only.
- One scholarship available per year.
- Awarded on the basis of need to eligible applicant.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities which may include public speaking experience and experience holding office-bearer positions on committees and clubs.
- Evidence of significant active involvement within the Indigenous community.
- Capacity and willingness to act as an ambassador on behalf of Indigenous people at MRS events and activities throughout the year.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must remain an MRS resident.
- You must participate in the Monash Residential Services Diversity and Inclusion meetings (at least 6 per year).
- You must maintain full-time enrolment and a pass average (50%).
- Not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency, or Residential Tenancy Act if residing in studio apartments (NRAS).
How to apply
- Applications for Year 12 students are open 2 August - 8 October 2021, submit a scholarship application through VTAC
- For current Monash students, applications are open 17 January - 4 March (2pm) 2022 apply directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- You cannot hold this scholarship in conjunction with the Abstudy Residential Cost Option.
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.