MRS Indigenous Leadership Pathway Scholarship
A scholarship for Indigenous Australian and Torres Strait Islander students who show leadership potential and currently live on campus at Monash Residential Services.
5 August - 6 November 2019
Total scholarship value
Up to $3500
5 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled or intend to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- Of Indigenous Australian background
- Current resident at Monash Residential Services (MRS)
- Must apply for MRS for accommodation in the previous year by 30 September.
- $3500 payable as 10 x $350 monthly rebates (February to November) to your Monash Residential Services (MRS) account for one year only; OR
- $1750 payable as 10 x $175 monthly rebates.
- If you receive the scholarship after February, you will receive the scholarship for the remainder of the residential year (i.e. from July to November) at the rate of $350 per month.
- Five scholarships available per year.
- Award on the basis of need to eligible applicants.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities which may include public speaking experience and experience holding office-bearer positions on committees and clubs.
- Evidence of significant active involvement within the Indigenous community.
- Capacity and willingness to act as an ambassador on behalf of Indigenous people at MRS events and activities throughout the year.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must remain an MRS resident.
- You must remain full-time enrolment and a pass average (50%).
- Not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency, or Residential Tenancy Act if residing in studio apartments (NRAS).
How to apply
- To apply, submit your application directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- You cannot hold this scholarship in conjunction with the Abstudy Residential Cost Option.
- This scholarship may be held in conjunction with another accommodation scholarship by approval from Monash Residential Services.