MRS Indigenous Leadership Pathway Scholarship
Monash Resident Scholarship
A scholarship for Indigenous Australian and Torres Strait Islander students who show leadership potential who are intending to or currently live on campus at Monash Residential Services.
18 Jan – 12 Feb 2021
Total scholarship value
Up to $14000
1 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled or intend to enrol full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- Of Indigenous Australian background
- Commencing or current resident at Monash Residential Services (MRS)
- You must apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS) for on-campus accommodation.
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- Up to $14,000 towards MRS fees for one year only.
- One scholarship available per year.
- Awarded on the basis of need to eligible applicant.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities which may include public speaking experience and experience holding office-bearer positions on committees and clubs.
- Evidence of significant active involvement within the Indigenous community.
- Capacity and willingness to act as an ambassador on behalf of Indigenous people at MRS events and activities throughout the year.
- Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must remain an MRS resident.
- You must participate in the Monash Residential Services Diversity and Inclusion meetings (at least 6 per year).
- You must maintain full-time enrolment and a pass average (50%).
- Not be in breach of any current Monash Residential Services Conditions of Residency, or Residential Tenancy Act if residing in studio apartments (NRAS).
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.