Practical Placement Grant
A grant for students experiencing financial disadvantage and who are required to undertake an unpaid practical or work placement as part of their degree.
11 May -19 June 2020
Total scholarship value
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing or current student enrolled or intending to enrol in an eligible undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Required to undertake an unpaid practical or work placement for a minimum of 10 days as part of your degree.
- Have a low income.
- Consideration is given if, in addition to low income, you are from one or more of the following educational disadvantage groups:
- Are a recent refugee
- From a regional or remote area
- Have a disability or medical condition
- From a non-English speaking background
- Have experienced difficult circumstances
- From an underrepresented school
- From a low socioeconomic status (SES) area
- $1000 one-off payment.
- 50 grants available in Semester 1
- Variable (Depending on funding) in Semester 2
- Award based on need.
How to apply
- To apply, submit your application directly to Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.