Santa Singh and Balwant Kaur Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Excellence
The Santa Singh and Balwant Kaur Scholarship will recognise and encourage Indigenous Australian women to allow them to realise their full academic potential.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
One scholarship per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- An Indigenous Australian
- Identify as female
- A commencing or continuing undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Consideration will be given to students from one or more of Monash University’s defined equity or personal disadvantage groups (for domestic students only)
- from regional and remote areas of Australia
- experiencing financial disadvantage
- have a disability or long-term medical condition
- experiencing difficult circumstances
- A full time OR part time student
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to email@example.com. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $8000 per 48 credit points of study for one year only
- One scholarship will be awarded each year
- Awarded on the basis of need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must receive a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 to receive their second semester payment.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.