Santa Singh and Balwant Kaur Scholarship
The Santa Singh and Balwant Kaur Scholarship will recognise and encourage Indigenous Australian women to allow them to realise their full academic potential.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
One scholarship per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
You must meet the following criteria:
- An Indigenous Australian
- Identify as female
- A commencing or continuing undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Consideration will be given to students from one or more of Monash University’s defined equity or personal disadvantage groups (for domestic students only)
- from regional and remote areas of Australia
- experiencing financial disadvantage
- have a disability or long-term medical condition
- experiencing difficult circumstances
- A full time OR part time student
- To be eligible you must provide a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage certificate or a certified Statutory Declaration form to the William Cooper Institute. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries please contact the William Cooper Institute on 9902 4972.
- $8000 per 48 credit points of study for one year only
- One scholarship will be awarded each year
- Awarded on the basis of need.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must receive a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 to receive their second semester payment.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.