Sonia Narodowski Scholarship for Refugee or Migrant Students
Achieving Potential Support Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to a refugee or migrant commencing any undergraduate degree. It is valued up to $3,000.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
Up to $3000
One per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- From a refugee and/or migrant background* and
- Commencing student intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
*For the purposes of this scholarship, migrant is defined as a person who was born overseas whose usual residence is Australia. A person is regarded as a usual resident if they have been (or are expected to be) residing in Australia for a period of 12 months or more. In the scholarship application, applicants will be asked to make a self-declaration. Students who declare that they are a migrant as per the definition, will be deemed to have fulfilled this condition of the eligibility criteria
- $3000 paid for one year only.
- One scholarship available per year.
- Awarded on the basis of need to eligible applicants. Preference will be given to students who are recent refugees.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a weighted average mark of 50 each semester.
- Recipients will be asked to provide a written progress report on the benefits of the scholarship to the donor including their academic achievements.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.