Tess Hill and Bill Hawtin Jazz Music Travel Grant
This scholarship is awarded to low income students who are enrolled in music performance in an undergraduate degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance, specialising in Jazz, and have elected to participate in the New York or Prato music tour.
Tess Hill and Bill Hawtin believed the opportunity to travel broadened the mind, exposed the student to new and experimental trends, and encouraged cross-cultural understanding. This scholarship was created to financially support students to further their careers and explore international learning opportunities.
15 January - 14 February 2020
Total scholarship value
2-3 per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A student enrolled in music performance in an undergraduate degree in the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance, specialising in Jazz.
- Enrolled in a New York or Prato music tour.
- Not have previously completed a degree or higher qualification from a tertiary institution.
- Experiencing low income.
Two to three scholarships awarded each year
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of need. Consideration will be given if, in addition to low income, the student experiences other forms of educational disadvantage.
To retain this scholarship:
Scholarship cannot be deferred.
How to apply
Applications are made directly to Monash between 15 January and 12pm noon, 15 February 2019.