The Victorian Bar Foundation Scholarship
Achieving Potential Scholarship for Distinction
This scholarship is to provide financial support to academically bright Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Juris Doctor (JD) students from disadvantaged backgrounds to enable them to reach their full potential.
3 Aug - 6 Nov 2020
Total scholarship value
One scholarship per year
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian humanitarian visa holder
You must meet the following criteria:
- A commencing or continuing undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) student, enrolled or intending to enrol full time in either the Bachelor of Laws (including double degrees) or the Juris Doctor degree in the Faculty of Law, at a Monash campus in Australia
- Consideration will be given to students from one or more of Monash University’s defined equity or personal disadvantage groups (for domestic students only)
- an Indigenous Australian
- from regional and remote areas of Australia
- experiencing financial disadvantage
- have a disability or long-term medical condition
- experiencing difficult circumstances
- recent refugee
- attended an under-represented school
- $6,000 per 48 credit points of study for one year only
- One scholarship will be awarded
- Awarded on the basis of need
To retain this scholarship:
- Students must receive a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50 to receive their second semester payment.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.