Tim McArdle Memorial Grant
Achieving Potential Support Scholarship
Created in memory of West Gippsland doctor, Tim McArdle, this grant is awarded to West Gippsland applicants who are interested in rural health and returning to work in the local region.
You must be intending to study an undergraduate degree at the Monash Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and have a low income. Recipients will receive a $3000 one-off payment to assist with their studies.
See how to apply
Total scholarship value
Variable (Depending on funding)
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen
- A New Zealand citizen
- Australian permanent resident
You must also be:
- Intending to enrol in any of the undergraduate degrees in the Monash Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, including the graduate-entry Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Residing in one of the following West Gippsland Postcodes that were served by Tim McArdle: 3812, 3813, 3814, 3815, 3816, 3818, 3820, 3821, 3822, 3823, 3824, 3825, 3831, 3833, 3835, 3981, 3984, 3988.
- Have a low income.
- $3000 one-off payment paid directly by the school.
- Variable (Depending on funding).
- Awarded based on a combination of financial need and the applicant’s interest to return to work in the West Gippsland region.
- Applicants must have an interest in rural health and preferably a commitment to work in rural health in West Gippsland upon graduation. A willingness to promote rural health as a positive career choice to West Gippsland secondary students is desirable.
How to apply
Every scholarship may have a different application process – or none at all. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline. For more details, visit our scholarships application page.