Monash University-Pakistan Higher Education Commission (HEC) Joint Scholarship
This joint scholarship program enables high quality Pakistani students to undertake PhD and research degrees here at Monash.
The program aims to support Pakistan’s need for highly qualified engineers, technologists, and scientists in high-tech fields, as well as build up capacity of their universities, research and development organisations, and industries.
Open all year
Total scholarship value
Varies - see benefits
Am I eligible?
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- a citizen or permanent resident of Pakistan at the time of your application;
- not have an offer of admission at the time of applying to HEC;
- satisfy HEC selection criteria, apply to HEC for funding, and be shortlisted by HEC for a scholarship;
- meet Monash's competitive scholarship selection process requirements; and
- meet Monash English language proficiency requirements.
HEC will provide:
- an annual living allowance;
- Overseas Student Health Cover; and
- one international return airfare by the most economical route.
In addition, Monash will provide (for up to a maximum of 4 years):
- a full tuition fee faculty sponsorship and
- a supplementary (top up) living allowance (stipend) equivalent to the RTP Stipend rate.
Monash scholarships are very competitive and are awarded based on your academic record, any research outputs and prior research experience.
How to apply
You must complete and submit an application for funding directly to HEC in the first instance.
Once you have received confirmation that you have been shortlisted, you may then apply directly to Monash. Please note that as part of your application you must first obtain an Expression of Interest (EOI) from the relevant faculty.
Please ensure that you indicate that you are applying for the 'Pakistan Higher Education Commission (HEC) Joint Scholarship' in your application.