Fine Art - F2003
This course will help launch your career in the visual arts as an artist, commentator or curator. It will challenge you and support you to excel.
By specialising in Fine Art you can find and develop your own artistic voice, preparing you for a career as a contemporary artist.
Art History and Curating can help you develop your eye for art and your understanding of its origins and significance, ready to work in art history, criticism, curating and cultural production.
Study Visual Arts as part of a double degree and be ready to work in visual arts or to use your artistic creativity and passion across diverse fields.
Monash University's highly focused Art, Design and Architecture environment offers engaging, exciting and challenging opportunities to extend your talents and support your transition to a creative occupation.
- Our lecturers are nationally and internationally recognised practising artists, art historians and cultural commentators. They are passionate about teaching contemporary art, bringing their innovative contemporary art practice and industry experience to your education.
- Fine Art at Monash is distinctive for its establishment of a cross-disciplinary foundation for your first-year studies. You will work and collaborate within and across established and emergent disciplines and technologies.
- You will work with professional artists and practitioners from allied creative fields such as art theory, administration and curatorial practice, developing essential connections and highly transferable skills.
- You will study and work within a vibrant cultural precinct, including MUMA (the Monash University Museum of Art), Ian Potter Sculpture Court, MADA Gallery, and Runt and Link Spaces.
- Take an immersive study semester at Monash's Prato Centre. The centre is in an 18th-century palazzo in Tuscany, with access to some of the world's greatest art and design work and the location of the world's premier art event, the Venice Biennale.
Our award-winning graduates exhibit nationally and internationally and engage with the many opportunities offered in professional and creative fields.