Health Management - M6008
Expert master degree
This course is designed for health professionals currently in, or seeking to be in, middle and senior health care management positions. If you are seeking to expand your knowledge and skills in the management of health services, this degree caters for your needs. This includes medical or general hospital administrators, clinicians, quality assurance managers, team leaders, senior nursing administrators, unit managers and a range of general task coordinators within the health care system.
If you are working or planning to work in middle or senior management roles in health care, this course will help you prepare for and advance your career.
You will complete eight core and three elective units.
Core units include:
- Clinical leadership and management
- Financial management in health care
- Principles of health care quality improvement
- Foundations of health policy
- Law for health systems
- Principles of health systems
- HSM case study
Elective units include:
- Implementation & innovation in health care
- Introductory epidemiology
- Introductory biostatistics
- Research Methods
- Ethics, good research practice & practical research skills
- Introduction to epidemiology and biostatistics
- Human factors for patient safety
- Introduction to health economics
- Nursing practice and management
- Advanced nursing practice in context
- Improving Indigenous equity in profession practice
- Management theory & practice (winter elective)
At a glance
IMPORTANT: This course is only available to international students in ‘on-campus’ mode. Please note that ‘on-campus’ mode comprises a mix of online learning and on-site teaching.
For most units, the majority of contact hours are facilitated through the University’s online learning platform, with additional face-to-face contact during designated study days at Public Health & Preventive Medicine at the Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct (AMREP) in Melbourne.
|Semester One (February), Semester Two (July) This course is only available to domestic students in Multi-modal mode.|
|Master of Health Management|