Medical Science and Medicine - M6011
Bachelor degree/Master degree
The Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) course is a five-year program of study with direct entry from high school. The first two years are campus based and the final three years are hospital and community based.
We are the only Victorian university to offer a direct entry medical program for students completing year 12 as well as a graduate entry program leading to the same degree – Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD).
Practical experience at Victoria’s leading healthcare providers
You will have access to the largest healthcare provider network in Australia, which includes the Monash Medical Centre and The Alfred, Melbourne's major casualty hospital.
An emphasis on clinical communication skills and hands-on experience with clinical visits to medical practices, community care facilities and hospitals, is a feature of the Monash course.
Our MD Program
Our main focus is on improving outcomes for patients by making sure that medical students are strongly connected with our academic experts and clinicians.
- Variety of learning styles Learning modes include lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and simulation sessions.
- Research component You will undertake a scholarly intensive placement under the supervision of a researcher or clinician.
- Integrated case learning (ICL) ICL sessions are small group tutorials that are structured around a clinical scenario.
- Professional Development Professional behaviour, and its importance in health service delivery, is nurtured along with the development of other skills.
- Early clinical exposure Interact with healthcare professionals through a variety of medical contact visits to hospitals and community clinics from early on in your degree.
- Simulations and clinical skill workshops Simulations and clinical skills workshops are designed to provide practical hands-on experiences and authentic scenarios from clinical practice.
- Final year training The final year of the course is based upon a trainee internship model.
Graduate entry medicine
We also offer a four-year graduate entry pathway into our medical program, if you’ve completed an approved undergraduate degree.
On completion of the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (MD) you are eligible for provisional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency and the Medical Board of Australia. After serving a compulsory internship year of residence in an approved hospital, you become eligible for final registration in Victoria and other states of Australia.
At a glance
ATAR - CSP Extended Rural Cohort School Leaver Entry
95.65Note Lowest ATAR to which an offer was made RC
ATAR - School Leaver Entry
96.35Note Lowest ATAR to which an offer was made RC
ATAR - Bonded School Leaver Entry
*Conditions apply for the Monash Guarantee.
#Students were ranked for selection on the basis of three equally weighted components: UCAT, ATAR and Interview. The ATAR used in the selection was the adjusted ATAR after SEAS equity and/or Dean Rural List (DRL) adjustments were added to recognise some students’ disadvantaged circumstances. The lowest ATAR figure displayed above was the lowest ATAR before SEAS/DRL adjustment of any student offered a place in last year's selection.
|English||Maths||Sciences / Other|
|First Semester (February)|
|Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine|