You need to satisfy the following entrance requirements to be considered for entry to this course.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Undergraduate students must have successfully completed one of the following with a credit average (at least 60 percent):
- three or more years of the undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) at Monash University (Course codes 0040, 3856, 3952, 4531, 4532, 4533)
- two or more years of the graduate Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at Monash University
- three or more years of an Australian Medical Council accredited Bachelor of Medicine/Surgery course from another Australian or New Zealand institution
Graduate applicants must be:
- Currently registered for medical practice with the Medical Board of Australia, and
- Australian or New Zealand citizens who have graduated with a degree that is recognised by the Australian Medical Council for international medical graduate training, with satisfactory completion of the English language criteria.
International students: This course stream is only available to international students currently enrolled in a recognised medical program who have completed study which is the equivalent of three years of the Monash undergraduate MBBS program with equivalent curriculum content, learning outcome and academic standards as determined by the Faculty. Candidates should have strong academic results with the equivalent of a credit average (at least 60 percent).
Alternative qualifications and prerequisites
For other domestic and international qualification entry requirements and scores for this course use the study credit and admissions eligibility search.
Applicants must also meet the English language requirements.
University entrance requirements
Minimum entrance requirements for admission to Monash University Australia.
Alternative entry pathways
Multiple pathways to this course
There are many ways to gain entry to a course at Monash. If you don't meet our entry requirements, there are pathways to help. More about alternative pathways...
Making the application
Self assess for credit eligibility
Fees are subject to change annually.
Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
The average annual student contribution amount is:
Note: see information on how average fee is calculated.
As a Commonwealth supported student, you may be able to either:
Fees are per 48 credit points which represents a standard full-time course load for a year.
We offer over 360 types of scholarships, valued at up to $280,000. Some scholarships offer one-off payments while others continue for the length of your course. Learn more about Monash Scholarships.
The Student Services and Amenities Fee applies to some students each calendar year.