Biomedical Science - M3702
Bachelor degree (honours year)
This is a prestigious program of coursework and research in Biomedical science for high achieving students who have completed the Bachelor of Biomedical Science or a comparable degree course.
You will undertake research methodology training and carry out an independent research project in your specialist field, working closely with a supervisor who will provide you with individual guidance and academic counselling. The course offers a pathway to higher level research in biomedical science.
There is a wide breadth of biomedical research available in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, providing a high degree of flexibility for you to pursue your honours year in a field of your choice.
Studies can be undertaken within one of the schools of the faculty, including:
- Biomedical Sciences
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- Central Clinical School
- Eastern Health Clinical School
- Public Health and Preventative Medicine
- Southern Clinical School.
Studies can also be undertaken with one of the affiliated institutes such as the:
- Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute
- Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute
- Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health
- Mental Health Research Institute
- Hudson Institute of Medical Research
- Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health