Letter grade display
Grades in Moodle can be displayed in a number of different formats.
- Real - Actual grades (based on the total possible marks given for assessment items)
- Percentage - Actual grades scaled out of 100
- Letter - Letters used to represent a range of grades. Letter grades are based on the Monash default ranges. Custom letter grades can be created, but this is NOT recommended.
- A Combination of two of the above types with the secondary grade type displayed in brackets. For example, Letter (Percentage).
By default, the grade display type is Letter (real).
Change default display settings in Moodle
You can change the Grade type display settings at a unit or activity level. This will determine how grades are displayed in the grader and user reports.
- Open the navigation menu and select Grades.
- Select the setup tab, then select the Unit grade settings tab.
- In the Grade item settings section, select your desired grade display type from the drop down list.
- Scroll down and click Save changes.