What is Panopto?
Panopto is a Monash supported video application that enables you to embed existing videos, record new video content, and share videos directly to Moodle. It has an array of features to support your video needs and create more engaging learning experiences for students.
Benefits to using Panopto
- Embed quiz questions in the video timeline to increase interactivity
- Create screen capture and webcam videos to explain content or do a demonstration
- Provide video feedback to student assignments
- Get students to create a video assignment
- Add slides to your video so students can follow along
- Monash supported with technical support and guides
- No limit on storage space for your videos
- Embed directly in Moodle
- Videos can be rolled over from one unit to another
- Built in accessibility with closed captioning
- Can make videos private or available to the public
- Edit existing videos (simple editing feature)
This module familiarises you with how Panopto works within a learning and teaching context.
This MEA module provides examples and strategies about how to create more interactive learning activities using technologies.
Storyboarding is a valuable step in the process for developing videos and interactive online resources for learning and teaching. It serves as a roadmap, identifies weaknesses in the design, helps with collaboration and ultimately saves time.
In this post, we will provide some ideas about what kinds of videos you might consider using in your Moodle unit and why.