Add a resource or activity
Watch the video below to learn how to:
- Add an activity or resource to your Moodle unit
- Filter and star favourite activities and resources
- Distinguish between an activity and resource
- Move activities and resources on your Moodle page
Before you can add resources or activities to your Moodle unit, you'll need to Turn editing on.
- Click Turn editing on in the top right corner.
- In the topic where you want to add a resource or activity, click +Add an activity or resource.
- The Add an activity or resource pop-out box will appear. You can:
- Filter to view only resources or only activities by clicking the Activities tab or Resources tab.
- Star your favourite activities and resources which will then appear in a starred tab. Click on the stars to add an activity or resource to your favourites.
- View information about the activity by clicking on the information icon.
- Click on the desired resource or activity to add it.
- This will open the settings for the item you selected.
- Give the activity or resource a name and description/instructions.
- Configure access dates and times, grouping mode and other settings as required.
Note: Resources and activities may have different settings depending on the resource or activity, see the specific Resource or activity guide in Related resources for detailed instructions on how to set up your resource or activity.
- Once the required settings have been configured, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save and return to unit or Save and display. The activity or resource is now added to your unit.
Note: Beside each field, you can click on the help icon for a description of each option provided.