Echo360 is a powerful video platform that enables educators to:
- Record audio and visual content from their lecture (Known as Learning Capture)
- Live-stream audio and visual content from their lecture
- Integrate slides and interactive questions into their lecture
- Get students to ask questions or make comments in a chat
- Record screen capture and webcam videos from their desktop/laptop
- Obtain analytics from the recorded lectures
It is also integrated with Moodle and the timetabling application Syllabus+, which allows you to add an Echo360 link to your unit for students to easily access the recorded lectures.
Take a moment to watch this video on what live-streaming is, from a student's point of view:
Which venues use Echo360?
Echo360 is only available in select venues. For a list of all Echo360 enabled venues at Monash University, click here.
Soon after the lecture finishes, the recording, also known as a learning capture, is made available to students in Moodle.
What are the benefits of using Echo360?
Benefits for students
- Can access recordings for review and revision
- Can select live-stream as a scheduling option providing an alternative to face-to-face attendance
- Greater student flexibility - watch anywhere, on own device
- Online students can participate in the live lecture
- Beneficial to non-native English language learners as they can slow-down or rewatch sections of a recorded lecture where they may not have understood some of the content during the lecture
Benefits for educators
- Integrated into the venue, plug and play
- Scheduled teaching activities are recorded automatically
- Share your audio and visuals with students
- Connects groups of students in different locations and supports student feedback channels to ensure active learning
- Responds to increasing demand for teaching spaces
- Can be used to record videos from desktop or laptop
- Can access aggregated statistical information about student’s online engagement and participation for each recorded lecture in your unit
Help and Support
AV and technical support - Service Desk Online
All other enquiries - firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed guides about using Echo360 Universal Capture, see the Echo360 website.
This MEA module allows participants to learn more about Live-streaming in teaching.
This MEA module addresses issues around students' social comfort & provides effective teaching strategies which builds classroom community.
We can embed polls and poll results through Poll Everywhere, that will work for students in China.