Sign in to the Zoom app
Use these instructions to sign into Zoom using the Zoom desktop application:
- To launch Zoom, click on the program and click Sign In.
NOTE: You can join a meeting without signing in by clicking Join a meeting and entering the meeting ID. If you want to start or schedule a Zoom meeting, you must first be signed in. Click Sign in with SSO. If you are prompted to enter the SSO domain, enter ‘Monash’ before clicking Continue.
- Sign in with your Monash login through OKTA.
- Once signed in, you will see the Zoom home tab.
- On the Zoom home tab, you will be able to do the following:
- New Meeting: Start an instant meeting.
NOTE: If you wish to use Zoom in your teaching, scheduling a Zoom meeting is recommended.
- Join: Join a meeting that is in progress with the meeting ID or meeting URL.
- Schedule: Schedule your Zoom sessions in advance to provide students with links in your Moodle Unit.
- Share Screen: Share your screen in a Zoom Room by entering in the sharing key or meeting ID. This link will not be one you will use often as the easiest way to share your screen is once you are in the meeting itself.